We are pleased to invite the academic community to submit their papers to the 2nd Ibero-American Workshop on Digital Government, Data Science and Artificial Intelligence to be organized in the scope of the CISTI'2023 - 18th Iberian Conference on Information Systems and Technologies, to be held in Aveiro, Portugal, between the 20th and 23th of June 2023.
The workshop aims to bring together researchers from Ibero-American countries interested in the innovative uses of Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (AI) in government, encompassing both the technical and the managerial perspectives. Relevant research subjects include determinants, impacts, and limitations related to the adoption and institutionalization of data science and AI applications across all levels and sectors of government, as well as innovative applications of Data Science and AI in government.
Topics of interest
To achieve the objective of the Workshop, we invite researchers to contribute with original and previously unpublished works related to the use of data science and artificial intelligence in government. Interesting topics include but are not limited to:
- Data analytics and AI in government decision processes
- Automation of public service provision
- Blockchain applications for government
- Open data and government transparency and participation
- Social media analysis in government
- Big data for health, education, justice, and other public sectors
- Smart applications for local, regional, and national government
- Implications of Data Science and AI for public-sector HR
- Managerial implications of Data Science and AI in government
- Privacy and security issues of data analysis and AI use in government
- Ethical implications of data science and AI use in government
- Data science and AI use in digital government research
- Infrastructures for government big data applications
Paper submission and formatting guidelines
All papers must follow the formatting rules of CISTI’22 and be written in Portuguese, Spanish or English. A MSWord template is available at http://cisti.eu/templates.zip .
A double-blind peer review process will be followed to evaluate the submitted papers. This means that submissions should not include any information that allows for the identification of the authors, including e-mail, affiliation, or references to previous publications of the authors. This information should only be made available in the final version of paper, upon acceptance for presentation and publication. Should the authors need to include one or more references to previous work, this should appear in the bibliography section as “Self Reference”, and be later replaced by the original reference, upon acceptance of the paper.
Papers should be submitted in PDF. However, the final version submitted after acceptance for publication should in MSWord format.
Papers can be submitted at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=cisti2023workshops,
- Paper submission deadline: February 12, 2023
- Acceptance notification: March 26, 2023
- Camera-Ready papers and conference registration: April 9, 2023
- Conference: June 20 to 23, 2023
Gonçalo Paiva Dias, Universidade de Aveiro, Portugal.
Daniel Polónia, Universidade de Aveiro, Portugal.
Manuel Tupia, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, Peru.
Jenny Marcela Sánchez-Torres, Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Colombia.
Bráulio Alturas, ISTAR, DCTI, ISCTE – Instituto Universitário de Lisboa, Portugal
Ciro Martins, IEETA, ESTGA, Universidade de Aveiro, Portugal
Daniel Polónia, GOVCOPP, DEGEIT, Universidade de Aveiro, Portugal
Fábio Marques, IEETA, ESTGA, Universidade de Aveiro, Portugal
Fernando José Braz, Instituto Federal Catarinense, Brasil
Freddy Paz, HCI-DUXAIT, DI, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, Peru
Guillermo Dávila, IDICT, FIA, Universidad de Lima, Peru
Jenny Marcela Sánchez-Torres, DISI, FI, Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Colombia.
Gonçalo Paiva Dias, GOVCOPP/IT, ESTGA, Universidade de Aveiro, Portugal
Hélder Gomes, IEETA, ESTGA, Universidade de Aveiro, Portugal
Jorge Herrera, FCI, Universidad Laica "Eloy Alfaro" de Manabí, Ecuador
Manuel Au-Yong Oliveira, GOVCOPP/INESCTec, DEGEIT, Universidade de Aveiro, Portugal
Manuel Tupia, GISTIC-eGOB, DI, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, Peru
Mariuxi Bruzza, GISTIC-eGOB, DI, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, Peru
Pedro Gonçalves, IT, ESTGA, Universidade de Aveiro, Portugal
Raquel Castro Madureira, GOVCOPP, DEGEIT, Universidade de Aveiro, Portugal